During the past week I’ve been sick with a stomach bug and had to stop all workout regimes I’m following in an attempt to get better. Now that I’m feeling healthier and much more myself I decided I’d get back into the swing of things with a 13-14 day workout schedule. The reason I’m choosing the 13 day period is that roughly two weeks is a good period to get back into a workout and I’m trying to stick with my 13 day diet article I’ve written earlier.
Luckily I’m not following any diet in order to lose weight at the moment, rather I’m trying to pick up some of the weight I lost (muscle) due to the stomach bug. I say this in a jokingly manner: If you want to lose weight superfast just get a stomach bug and stop eating for a few days and you’ll see the pounds drop like flies.
Haha, that’s just a joke and probably a real bad one. Getting a stomach bug is no fun at all…
So getting back to the 13 day or 14 day workout schedule here’s what I’m going to do:
- I’m going to stick to my normal mix of muscle building and cardio exercises.
- I’m going to do a bit more muscle building exercises than running around until I feel that my energy levels are back to normal.
- I’m going to eat as healthy as I can and try to put a little bit more carbs into my body, for energy, than normal.
- I’m going to try and stay away from dairy for at least another 7 days as it might mess up my stomach – I’m still feeling a bit fragile.
- The second week of the 13-14 day period I’ll probably be feeling a lot better and it’s then when I’ll step up the exercises and start training a bit harder than usual to make up for lost time.
After the roughly two week period I’ll hopefully be back at my normal healthy self, whilst feeling and looking great.
If you’ve been down with training or if you’ve been sick like me here’s a workout motivation video to help you get back in the swing of things for the next 13 days.
Something that might also be worth mentioning is if you should workout when you are sick? Normally I would work out at a very slow pace, even when I’m sick, if I have the energy. However during my stomach bug incident I just felt so tired that I had no energy to do anything. Here’s an interesting video to watch about the subject of working out whilst being sick: